We Be Funkeys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Be Funkeys

HomeMy Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (TV series) I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (TV series)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stocking Anarchy

Stocking Anarchy

Male Posts : 1593

Humor : yellow triangles, wut

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (TV series) Empty
PostSubject: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (TV series)   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (TV series) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:39 am

I know this sounds insane, but I just want to do a review on something I suddenly became interested in for some odd reason.

Dear Funkey Resort,

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a TV series on the channel "The Hub" which was created for television by Lauren Faust, the mastermind responsible for The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. The TV series was supposed to be intended for girls under the age of 10, but somehow, the series became popular with boys over the age of 13, and has spawned a memetic subculture known by many as "bronies".

The story focuses on Twilight Sparkle, a unicorn hailing from Canterlot, who is studying under Princess Celestia on the subject of friendship. Along the way, five other ponies, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack and yours truly, Rainbow Dash, assist her and have adventures together like shooing a dragon from Ponyville in order to stop a health hazard caused by a trail of black smoke, and defeating the notorious Nightmare Moon, an evil incarnation of Princess Luna.

The humor in this series is pretty good, which may have been the cause of its uprising in the Internet. Things like "20% cooler" and Rainbow Dash's face when she says "SO AWESOME" (as seen in my current avatar) have spawned exploitable images and catchphrases, such as "why wub woo" or the use of 20% cooler in everyday talk, for example:

Guy 1: I just got a new Nissan GT-R today!
Guy 2: Well, I got a Lamborghini, which is 20% cooler than your GT-R!

I especially like the animation in the series, as it is.. cartoony, but 20% more cartoonier than any cartoon. The art style of the cartoon is pretty nice as well, due to being very simplistic.

So... Here's the scores:

Animation: 9/10
Storyline: 7/10
Humor: 10/10
Overall: 26/30

Since the series got a score of 26/30, I shall give it a "Epic Stamp of Approval"!

From your faithful student,
Rainbow Dash
Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (TV series)
Page 1 of 1